In 1953 ,a small group of 5 gynaecologists gathered at IMA Hall & POGS was born. Dr.Y.V. Phatak was the first President with Dr.A.R.Paranjpe as Secretary & Dr.Chaplabai Khadilkar as Treasurer.
In 1956 – Affiliation to FOGSI was obtained with a quorum of 12 members.
In Nov. 1963 the office was shifted to Dept.of Ob.Gyn.,Sassoon Hospital where meetings were held at regular intervals.
In 1976 , Dr. A. G. Sathe & Dr.Nishikant Shrotri & the Managing Committee, trifurcated the post to the current posts of General Sectretary, Clinical Secretary and Treasurer.Till then , the posts of General Secretary, Clinical Secretary and Treasurer were shouldered by the same person.
In 1976 the first Constitution of the society was formed and the society was registered in 1976 by Dr. A.G.Sathe and Dr. Nishikant Shrotri with the help of managing committee and the senior memebers of the society.
It was In 1989 POGS started the CME(Continuation of Medical Education).
In 1999 the Rules & Regulations were amended.
In 1992 we launched the Annual Conference.
On 26 January 2009, we shifted to our own office at Dr.Nitu Mandke IMA House on Tilak Road, Pune.
On 4 March 2009 the Rules & Regulations were amended & approved by the General Body.
The Pune Obstetrics and Gynecology Society (POGS) fosters its members to achieve professional excellence, establish standardized practices and participate in social and research activities in the context of women s’ health.
The POGS offers its members opportunities to update their academic knowledge through CME programs, conferences and annual meetings.
The POGS represents the fraternity at important government and legislative bodies pertaining to obstetrics, gynecology and clinical practice.
The POGS encourages postgraduate academic programs and offers the members platform to present their research work and develop into competent professionals.
The POGS aligns itself with the vision of the FOGSI and the AMOGS to which it is affiliated as a member body.